10.10.2010

A most auspicious day

Today is 10/10/10. There were several groups on Flickr.com created around this date. The one I chose to participate in, "10/10/10 - A Most Auspicious Day," asked for contributors to post one picture taken at any time on this date. Many people took their pictures at 10:10, but I didn't take it that far. It was a GORGEOUS day today, so I picked up my sister and we went to the Smithsonian Gardens to enjoy the gorgeousness. I just love it there. I used to work near there, and really miss stopping by for lunch.

In any case, I took about 20 shots, 7 of them I was pretty happy with, and here is the one I submitted for the group:

10.10.10 - Rose @ Smithsonian Gardens


I love that rose and wish I could've clipped it and brought it home with me.

Here are my runners up:
IMG_2213

IMG_2231

IMG_2229


Others that were decent can be found on my Flickr site.

In other news, I just finished watching Desperate Housewives. Here's a thought for Mike and Susan. Maybe they should sell their $40,000 Volvo and get something a little more economical to help with their money situation. Dumb detail, but I picked up on it, so the writers should too.

And finally, on Friday I saw Easy A with Emma Stone and really enjoyed it. There were a few references to some of my favorite teen movies of the 80s, such as Breakfast Club, Say Anything and Sixteen Candles. I was the only one in the theater who laughed at some of those jokes and I fear I may have been the oldest person there. This was a Friday at 4pm, so there weren't a lot of people there, and I noticed a group of 13-year-old boys as we were leaving the theater. They certainly wouldn't recognize anything from The Breakfast Club. It was great to see Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci as Emma Stone's parents. They all had great chemistry. The movie's not unbelievable, but it was good for a couple hours of entertainment.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

your photos are really lovely, valerie!

i wanna see easy A!

i saw "secretariat" which was really good- much better than the review gave it credit for i thought.
and i also saw "the town" with ben affleck. really good. and for me, ben is SUCH an example of how certain men look better as they age. i will say, i had sweaty palms and felt exhausted by the end of the movie- not usually the kind i enjoy, but this was REALLY good i thought.