8.21.2010

Sex and the City - the book and the show

Sex and the CitySex and the City by Candace Bushnell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book has been panned quite a bit, but I read it anyway. It seems a lot of people expect the book to be just like the TV show, but I didn't expect that at all. I knew that the book was based on various columns Candace Bushnell wrote for the New York Observer. So, as I expected, it was just a bunch of vignettes of singles in NYC. When I was about halfway through the book, I started watching the DVD of the show from the beginning. When the TV show first started, it was very much like the book. Carrie would talk to the camera as would various people commenting on the subject of the day, in a documentary format. I found it fun to see how they wove in the book vignettes into the lives of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. I'm not going to say this is the best book I've ever read, by any means, but I did like it.

View all my reviews

No comments: