4.15.2010

Now we're down to 7

We lost two contestants last nigh on Idol: Andrew and Katie. (NOT Tim and Aaron, as I was hoping for.) I fast-forwarded through much of the show, but enjoyed Adam Lambert's performance. He's still great.

In any case, if you'd like a run-down of the full show, check out Lisa de Moraes' post on washingtonpost.com.




In other news, I've been meaning to comment on this season's United States of Tara. While this show has some funny moments, I'm perplexed as to why it's classified as a comedy. Something very serious and dark happened to Toni Collette's character that caused her to split into multiple personalities. We don't know what it is--perhaps she was raped or molested as child. Regardless--it's not funny. I enjoy the show very much, but I certainly don't laugh all the way through. At the very least, they should call it a "dramedy," but event that's too much. The show is definitely a drama with funny moments.




And finally, Maroon 5 has a new album coming out soon. I can't wait! I saw yesterday that they're going to be performing at the Today Show in July. I checked with my sister to see about going up for that. No decisions yet, but we just might. We like to grace NYC with our presence at least once a year anyway, so we may as well go so Adam Levine can sing to us.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

yay! i've been wondering about maroon 5- glad to hear they'll have something new out soon!