12.09.2009

Just a spoonful of sugar...

Heaping Spoonful Heaping Spoonful by Shauna Glenn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I stumbled upon Shauna Glenn's blog recently and find her to be really funny, so I was excited to read her first book. It's a quick and easy read, and I liked the main character, Claire, quite a bit. There were a few plot points that changed a bit abruptly for my liking, but beyond that it was a fun book, which seems strange to say considering it's about a woman surviving after her husband has passed away. I'm anxious to try some of the recipes that were included and I also enjoyed the short stories at the end. I look forward to whatever Ms. Glenn comes out with next.

2 comments:

Shauna Glenn said...

Thanks for the nice review. You are awesome!

Valerie said...

What a pleasant surprise! Thanks for stopping by.