10.21.2009

Slacking again

Once again, I must come in here and clear out the cobwebs. I just haven't been in the blogging mood lately. (Okay, okay. The truth is that I'm completely addicted to Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook, and I spend too much time playing that game and not getting other stuff done. I also downloaded a game called "Sneezies" on my new iPod touch, and am totally charmed by it. It's by the same people that created Chain Rxn, which is also a good time waster.)

So, what's up?

This week we'll finally find out the top 20 finalists on SYTYCD. I haven't been that into the audition shows this year--there's no point because as soon as you like someone, they're eliminated. I'll start following closely after tonight's show.

I'm LOVING Modern Family on ABC. To paraphrase something someone posted on a washingtonpost.com chat yesterday, it's the funniest thing since Arrested Development, which I really missed after they canceled it.

I'm reading the first of the True Blood books, and am really enjoying it. The first season of True Blood follows the book pretty closely, except, there's no Tara in the book! Lafayette's there, but not Tara. Maybe she turns up later??

I'm also supposed to be reading Les Misérables, but it's v-e-r-y s-l-o-w g-o-i-n-g. I've seen the Broadway musical several times, and as I'm reading the book, I keep wondering when they're going to get to "such and such" song?! This one's going to take a while. My friend Mark is way ahead of me, and I keep asking, so does it get good--so far, he has not answered affirmatively. Hmmm...

The most recent movies I've seen were Drew Barrymore's Whip It and Chris Rock's Good Hair. Really enjoyed them both. I saw Whip It on a Saturday night, and until the lights went down, I was the only person in the theater. Not a good sign for a movie in its second week. I don't know if you've ever been in a movie theater by yourself or not, but it's kind of weird and creepy. While I was sitting there, the music from Psycho started playing! Not helping the creepy feeling. Then just as it reached the shower stabbing scene music (SCREECH, SCREECH, SCREECH, SCREECH) the lights went down and three other girls came in. I must say I was happy to see them.

Lesse. What else? Oh! I'm also enjoying this season's Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Seinfeld cast is reuniting on the show this season and it's been a hoot. The biggest laugh though, came this week when Larry David was dating a woman in a wheelchair and he was trying to get romantic with her. There's as hilarious site gag--try to catch it if you can on HBO.

I've got a couple of knitting projects that I'm getting ready to start--one is an entrelac scarf and the other is a flower washcloth. Both will be challenging, but I look forward to the finished result. (Assuming I do finish....I'm great at starting projects, but then I get bored and move to something else. I'm still working on a scarf I started two years ago.)

No comments: