8.26.2009

Is anybody in here?

Hello? Hello....helllo....helllo....

Man, it's dusty and cold and this place is covered in cobwebs! What the heck happened?

Nothing really, I just didn't realize how long it'd been since I posted anything. So, what's going on?

I'm listening to...
The Hair soundtrack. A couple weeks ago I went to NYC with my sister and a friend and we saw the show on Broadway--loved it! Best show-ending ever. As "Let the Sunshine In" played, the cast members pulled audience members onto the stage and everyone was dancing and having a great time. This one guy in a tight red shirt stood front and center just shakin' his thang. He was sooooo happy to be onstage. I figure he thought, this might be my only chance to dance on Broadway, so I'll make the most of it. It was hilarious!

Tonight I listened to the soundtrack from Car Wash -- great album, and it came to me that it probably started my love of funk music back when I was six years old.

I'm Watching...
Top Chef, Project Runway, True Blood, Mad Men, Nurse Jackie and Psych and am looking forward to the new Fall season--especially Glee. My Entertainment Weekly Fall TV issue should be here soon. On Top Chef one of the contestants is from Frederick, MD, which is about 30 minutes north of me. Also, I have a friend who went to school with another of the contestants.

Right this second I'm watching Across the Universe -- it reminds me a lot of Hair, actually. I've seen it before, but since there's nothing else on right now, I figured it was good to see it again. I recommend you get the DVD and watch the extras--especially the casting process.

And speaking of Hair, I downloaded the movie and watched it after we got back from NYC. It's very different than the theater production...they changed the ending, and it's actually more powerful. I hadn't seen it in a long time, and enjoyed it.

Reading...
Just finished The Girl With a Dragon Tatoo, by Stieg Larrson. I enjoyed it for the most part, but could've done without one of the story lines about the finance situation in Sweden...that got a little dull for me, but the rest of it was great. I was reading at Starbucks one day and an employee came up to me to ask what I was reading. She said, "You looked so riveted...I just had to see what you were reading!"

Next up is Les Misérables. My friend Mark and I have talked about reading this for years, and this year we're going to take the plunge. I'll probably start this weekend.

At the movies...
Over the weekend, my sister and I saw Julie and Julia on Saturday and (500) Days of Summer on Sunday. I really liked Julie/Julia and still LOVED 500 Days... (This was my second time.)

Looking forward to Taking Woodstock and am curious to see Tarantino's new flick, Inglorious Basterds. I have EW's Fall Movie issue, but haven't been through it yet. My favorite time of year for movies is soon approaching--Oscar season!

So, that pretty much sums everything up! Time for Top Chef!

2 comments:

Allyssa said...

Been wondering when you were coming back...not that I'm one to talk...Bennett's blog is getting spiderwebs too. But I need you to enlighten to all the good movies and books, since SOMEONE keeps me too busy.

argentinito said...

muy bueno!