7.22.2009

Top 8 perform SYTYCD

Hey folks. I'm not feeling so hot, so I'm just going to give the basic info from tonight's show. I've noticed that most people arrive at my site because they're looking for the names of the songs used on the show so that's what I shall provide. I love that Ellen DeGeneres is a guest host. Mia Michaels is the other guest. Mary and Nigel are still there, of course. This week the guys draw the partners out of the hat.

1. Group dance choreographed by Travis Wall; Let it Rock, Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil Wayne.

2. Evan/Janette, Jazz routine by Sonya; Move (Metronomony Remix) by CSS.

3. Kalyla solo; The Moment I Said It by Imogen Heap

4. Brandon/Jeanine, Waltz by Hunter Johnson; May It Be by Hayley Westenra

5. Jason, solo; ...Slowdance on the Inside by Taking Back Sunday

6. Ade/Melissa (Reunited! Yay!), Cha-cha by Tony Meredith and Melanie Lapatin; Yeah (Como Goza Mi Morena) by Chino Espinoza y Los Dueños Del Son

7. Janette, solo; Seduces Me by Céline Dion

8. Jason/Kayla, Broadway by Tyce Diorio; Mr. Monotony (from Jerome Robbins Broadway) by Kim Criswell

9. Ade, solo; Hater by Various Productions Artist (Great solo!)

11. Evan/Janette, Rumba by Tony & Melanie; Heartless by Kris Allen! (That was a great performance from the American Idol winner.)

12. Melissa, solo; Heads Will Roll by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

13. Brandon/Jeanine, Pop Jazz by Laurieann Gibson (new choreographer); Battlefield by Jordin Sparks [I'll have to agree with Nigel that most of the show has been rather flat tonight, until now. AND...it was great to see that Mia has done a complete 180 on Brandon.]

14. Evan, solo; Old Devil Moon by Jamie Cullum

15. Jeanine, solo; let the Drummer Kick by Citizen Cope (another good solo!)

16. Ade/Melissa, Contemporary by Tyce Diorio; This Woman's Work by Maxwell. Tears and goosebumps here. Wow. Simply stunning. Everyone was moved to tears--Melissa, Nigel, Mary, Mia, Tyce...so powerful. (It was a routine about a woman with breast cancer. I'll post the video when I can find it.)

17. Brandon, solo; Ain't Nothing Wrong with That by Robert Randolph & The Family Band

18. Jason/Kayla, Hip-hop by Shane Sparks; They're Everywhere by Izza Kizza. Great way to end the show.

I've put in calls for Ade and Melissa. As well as Jeanine after her solo. I don't want to see Ade in the bottom again.

OK, back to snuggling under the covers for me. See you tomorrow.

Ooh! Tomorrow is the 100th episode of SYTYCD. They'll be revisiting favorite momemnts including Ramalama Bang Bang, which was one of my favorite Wade Robson routines. It's like Thriller's little cousin. I even downloaded that song from iTunes. Looking forward to tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jeanene said...

What a strange show last night! I'm not sure why Ellen was there, although I always enjoy her. She seemed lost. The first hour was just okay, then we had great routines, then we had to cry over Tyce's breast cancer routine! Jeez! What a night!

Speaking of music, I've been rather disappointed with the music this season. I haven't downloaded a single song! I usually download about 10 songs a season. It seems like the hip hop routines are all to songs that have been out for months. In past seasons we saw the dancers performing to songs before they were on the radio. I wonder what changed.

Valerie said...

Ellen did seem lost, and even a little uncomfortable. She mentioned a couple of times that she only wanted to see a taping. I suspect the producers got wind of that and said hey, she wants to come to the show? Let's make her a judge!

Good question about the music...I hadn't really noticed, but now I'll pay attention.