7.16.2009

Cutting down to the Top 8

Tonight's show opens with cool-looking Japanese-themed performance by the group to So Much Betta by Janet Jackson. I'm guessing Wade Robson did this. Yep! I was right. (His wife helped too.)

Cat announces that SYTYCD has received 4 Emmy nominiations for choreography. Mia Michaels for "Mercy" performed by Twitch & Katie. Hell yeah. Tabitha & Napoleon for "Bleeding Love" performed by Chelsea and Mark. Yes. Tyce Diorio for "Silence" performed by Jessica and Will, and Dmitry Chaplin for "A Los Amigos" performed by Chelsea and Joshua. WOW--all great dances. I'll find and post them in a bit. "Mercy's" my favorite of the group. The makeup department got nominated too. Yay!

Just Debbie and Mary are on board tonight. Nigel is not there because he is receiving an honorary degree in England. Good for him.

Tonight the dancers with the least amount of votes will say goodbye. The bottom two girls are: Randi and MELISSA?! Well, I guess someone had to wind up there, and Melissa, Janette, Jeanene and Kayla are strong dancers. The girls will "dance for their lives" even though they can't change the vote.

The bottom two guys are: Okay, wait. Evan was SAFE before Ade AND Brandon?! I thought for sure Evan would be in the bottom two with Kupono. OK, back to the results: Kupono is in danger tonight, as is ADE. WTF?! Are you kidding me?! Just last night I was saying how "America" usually makes better decisions on this show than American Idol and they go and do this?!?!?!?! ARRRRGGGH!!!

Here come the solos again--the dancers repeat what they did last night. Randi's first. Mary advised Randi that if she makes it through, she needs to take more chances. Debbie said that Randi might've been a casualty of the Paso Doble.

Kupono dances and said he just wasn't strong in the Paso Doble or his solo. They didn't ask Debbie's thoughts. (Or maybe they did and I just wasn't paying attention???)

Melissa's turn. Debbie says that if Melissa gets past tonight, she has to do more in her solo.

Ade's up. I loved his Righteous Bros solo just as much as I did last night. Why is he here????? Mary said that Ade is a STAR and she doesn't know what they could tell him to do differently.

Before we get the results, we get to see The Black Eyed Peas singing I Gotta Feeling. Wow--they really threw a party on the stage--confetti and everything. Ive been meaning to write about their new CD forever. Except for a week of Michael Jackson music, The E.N.D. is all I've listened to for the past month or so. LOVE IT! One thing I'm confused about is why it doesn't have a Parental Control sticker on it. Have they relaxed the rules? On this CD you hear "Bitch," the "N" word, "ding-a-ling" as in "the girls want ding-a-ling" in a song about booty calls; and in one song Will.i.am says something about a semen bank. Now, I'm not a prude--these things don't bother me at all. I was just surprised that I had no warning. The words don't matter though...the music on all the songs just makes you want to get up and move. I absolutely love it.

OK, back to business. The girl going home tonight is: Randi. No surprise there. I'm going to miss her though. Next week is going to be REALLY difficult among the rest of the girls.

The guy going home is....Kupono. Again, no surprise. What a character this guy is with his crazy outfits. I wish him well.

What? Ellen DeGeneres will be on the judges panel next week. Interesting.

As promised, here are the Emmy-nominated performances:

Mercy


Bleeding Love


Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good version of "Silence" and "A Los Amigos"on YouTube. Instead I find people's horrible recordings from the show's tour.

And finally, here are my three favorite performances from last night:

Ade & Janette


Jeanine and Jason (embedding was disabled on this one)

Dang. I couldn't find Ade's solo. I'll try again tomorrow.

'Night!

No comments: