4.01.2009

The Top 9 and other stuff

I haven't watched last night's show yet, but did read Lisa de Moraes' recap. I've been preparing my house for some guests who arrive Thursday night, and so Monday and Tuesday nights I had to pull myself away from TV and Facebook. It was tough, but my house is clean.

Last night, I also spent about 90 minutes learning how to design and print a label onto a CD with my new printer. That's such a cool feature. By the time I was done with that, it was time for bed.

But...before I went to bed, I watched an episode of South Park called "Margaritaville" that basically explained the current economic situation better than I've heard any pundit do it. It might be a little blasphemous, so if that kind of thing bothers you, you might not want to watch, but it's very clever.



Forgot to mention that Deb and I saw Sunshine Cleaning over the weekend. It was a lot darker than we expected, but we enjoyed it. I guess I should expect a certain amount of darkness in a movie about two sisters who start a business cleaning up crime scenes, but that's not actually where the darkness comes from. The producers have promoted this movie like it's a cheerful, sunny movie like Little Miss Sunshine, but it really isn't. The plot meanders here and there, but it's worth seeing Amy Adams and Emily Blunt--they were great.

4 comments:

Allyssa said...

We watched this episode last night too. I love South Park. Last season was a little alright-already, preachy, but this season has been GREAT!

Momo Fali said...

Wait. What is this clean house thing you speak of?

Sue said...

Your blog is looking fan-freakin-tastic! I have not been on here in forever.... I totally need to do a rehaul on mine ;) You should add a followers space :)

Valerie said...

Allyssa, this was the first ep. of South Park I've seen this season. I'll have to tune in.

Momo--hahaha! The guests are gone now--we'll see how long it lasts.

Sue, thanks! I'd hate to add a followers space when only a few people actually follow me...thanks for the idea though!