4.08.2009

Damn you, live television

Even though it taped for an hour and three minutes, Tivo cut off before I got to see Adam perform on AI last night. And, of course, I hear on the radio this morning that Simon gave Adam a standing ovation--if I'm not mistaken, that's the first time Simon's stood up this season.

And I missed it.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch it on YouTube later on. I wasn't overwhelmed by any of the singers I did see last night, still, here's how I'd rank what I saw, from best to worst:

* Allison
* Anoop
* Danny
* Matt
* Lil
* Kris
* Scott

Please, please, please let Scott go home tonight. He's not that great a singer and, I hope this isn't too harsh, but I think he's getting a lot of sympathy votes because of his vision impairment.

Anyway, here's Lisa de Moraes' take. We'll see what happens tonight.

UPDATE: p.s. They need to go back to three judges. Too many people talking is what's causing the show to run over. This isn't the first time Tivo has cut off before the show ended. Kara, go bye-bye.

2 comments:

kerri said...

HI!

I heard tv stations are doing that for ratings on the show following a popular one. I don't know it that's true, but URGH!!! The same thing happened to me and I missed Adam too. At least he's never boring, and I thought everyone else sorta was.

I wasn't a fan of Scott's, but felt a little sad when he was sent home last night. I'm glad they were gentle with him. He just sweems like an innocent, sweet kid.

BTW, thanks for telling me about goodreads. I checked into it, just didn't fill out my profile and stuff yet. But I will! :)

kerri said...

Oh,
I had to add:
I actually like the judging comments more than the singing now. So I'd rather them just make the songs shorter. I can tell within 30 seconds if I like it or not.
:) Just a differing opinion I wanted to express!