1.29.2009

She's still all grown up

Dakota Fanning is on Jay Leno tonight. She's turning 15 in three weeks, yet looks like a 20-year-old. What got me is that Jay showed a clip from her first visit to his show when she was seven. It almost seemed like they did a voice over of her current voice over her seven-year-old's body. She talked as maturely then as she does now. Wow.

****

I just wanted to say that I LOVE Fabio on Top Chef. Even though he hasn't won any challenges, he's hanging in there (I haven't seen the end of tonight's show yet--so maybe he won...I'll know later.) Anyway, I love his Italian accent and he's so cute. Tonight he observed that he doesn't see the point in eating vegetables when there are meat and seafood around. Fair enough.

UPDATE/SPOILER: So, Fabio didn't win, and even worse, he was in the bottom three. What do expect to happen when you ask an Italian to cook food representing Wisconsin?!

****

On American Idol tonight, which was in Salt Lake City, Donny Osmond's nephew auditioned and made it to Hollywood--he's a cutie! He and his dad have some form of MS, but he seems to be in remission now. I also enjoyed the female singers that made it through, especially the 5'11" 16-year-old, the one who sang the Amy Winehouse song, and the blonde at the end with the dreads. Final night of auditions will be on tomorrow and then we're on to Hollywood next week!

2 comments:

Momo Fali said...

I have A.I. taped and now I can't wait to watch it! I have kind of a twisted love for the Osmonds. I AM a child of the 70's after all!

Valerie said...

I completely understand! I remember a Donny Osmond doll with purple socks from my childhood....