12.20.2008

It's my world...you're just a squirrel trying to get a nut!

The other day, Crazy Aunt Purl wrote about Oran "Juice" Jones' "The Rain," and the song's been in my head ever since. Of course I went right over to download it from iTunes--I hadn't heard this song in ages.

I wanted to post the video here, but everything on YouTube says embedding was disabled by request. But, you can at least hear the song:



There are some classic lines in here:
* "Now close your mouth 'cause you cold busted!"

* "Now my first impulse was to run up on you and do a Rambo."

* "You without me like cornflake without the MILK!"

* "You gotta get on outta here with that alley-cat coat wearin', hush puppy shoe wearin', crumb cake I saw you with 'cause you dismissed!"

Check out the video at YouTube. Look for Juice's smooth moves at 0:36 and those of the backup singers at 1:51. And that lip-synching...oh my!

This is classic 80's cheese!

No comments: