10.14.2008

Quick run through....

OK, lots has been going on over the past couple of weeks. But, it's 10:55 p.m. and I need to get ready for bed, so this will be a speed-through post. (Hey, at least it's something.)

1. Bill Maher's Religulous - I know it's controversial, but I enjoyed it. Bill posed the same questions to religious folks that I wonder myself. His message is that we don't know, and that we can't know. My thinking exactly.

2. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist - Can I just say that I love Michael Cera? Even though he repeatedly plays the same awkward character he did in Arrested Development, he's so good at it, and it's very endearing to me. Cute movie. Could've done without the gross-out scenes.

3. Nikka Costa has a new album out. I loved, loved, LOVED her first album, Everybody Got Their Something and can't wait for the new one Pebble to a Pearl. I looked for it at Target today. Did you know they receive CD's a week after they've been released? Me either. Tomorrow I'll be hitting Best Buy. (I could always wait to go to Target next week, but I'm heading out of town this weekend and want to listen to it on my trip.)

4. Book moratorium. I have tons of books in my house that I bought but haven't read yet. I was thinking about this today and figure that I probably buy one new book every one to two weeks! That has to stop. I need to catch up on reading the ones I have, and therefore, will not buy another book for the rest of the year. I've put it in writing, so I have to stick with it, right?

5. The Godfather - Just finished reading the book over the weekend--it's great. I've always said that The Godfather movies (I and II--my favorites of all time) are an instance where the movie is just as good as the book. However, now that I've read it again, I've decided that the movies are even better than the book. There are a lot of subplots in the book that aren't in the movie, and I think that's for the best. Now I'm going to have to pop the movies in--it's been a while.

OK, that's it. It's 11:10. I got down quite a lot for a 15-minute post, eh?

(It feels good to get that all out of my system!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


11:25pm UPDATE: When I went to publish my blog at 11:11pm, (Hey! My favorite numbers!) I got the following:

Blogger is currently unavailable

Blogger is unavailable right now. We apologize for this interruption in service.

Oh, come on!

No comments: