7.28.2008

We have a new Food Network Star!

Aaron McCargo will be the Food Network's next TV star. He won the competition last night with his "Big Daddy's Kitchen" pilot where he cooked jerk rib-eye & honey glazed plantains, which looked wonderful. I'm glad he won--I only saw the last 4 or 5 episodes of the show, but I was always most interested in Aaron's style of cooking & I love his personality. I'm looking foward to his new show.

Doesn't Lisa Garza (below left) look like Sandra Bullock? There were times when Lisa was talking that the resemblance was really striking. (To me anyway....)


Update: In the comments section, Mark expressed hope that the honey-glazed plantains recipe is online. It is, and I added the link above. Also, Mark thinks Lisa looks more like this:


He definitely has a point!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Honey glazed plantains -- that sounds really, really good. I hope his recipe is on Food Network's website somewhere...

Mark said...

Actually I think she looks like a Vulcan from Star Trek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SpockVulcan.jpg

Must be the hair...