7.31.2008

SYTYCD - Top 6 perform - late edition

I'm late with my summary of last night's SYTYCD, but I still have 4 hours until the top 4 are revealed, so I feel okay. I have 45 to enter this though, because tonight I'm going with my folks & some friends to get me some culture. More on that later.

OK. Here's how I'd rank last night's couples performances:

6. Chelsie/Twitch - Mambo - "Ahora Me Toca a Mi" by Victor Manuelle: The mambo isn't Twitch's thing. That's okay, I still love him. There were a couple times where I was worried their hands weren't going to connect. Chelsie is amazing--her legs go on forever and ever in these Latin dances I enjoyed it, just not as much as the others. I hate to put Twitch in last place on a dance, but that's just the way it is... :o(

5. Courtney/Mark- Viennese Waltz - "The Time of My Life" by David Cook (yay David Cook!): This was a beautiful dance; Courtney & Mark have good chemistry, and this V.W. seemed much better technically than others we've seen this season. Judges loved it.

4. Chelsie/Twitch- Hip Hop - "Control" by The Vitamin String Quartet: I really enjoyed this one. Chelsie held her own against Twitch.

3. Courtney/Mark - Jazz - "The Garden" by Mirah: Whoa! Mark really stepped it up last night. This dance was interesting with a great driving beat, and I couldn't stop watching either Mark or Courtney. Mark had the perfect facial expressions for it.

2.Katee/Joshua - Paso Doble - "Filet" from Le Reve (original soundtrack): Joshua pulled off the matador magnificently! The whole routine was fantastic. I loved how Joshua dragged the "slaughtered bull" (Katee) over to the judging area when the dance was over. Mary Murphy said it's true magic when Katee & Joshua are together. I'd have to agree. It was so good to see them together again.

1. Katee/Joshua - Contemporary - "All By Myself" by CĂ©line Dion: WONDERFUL. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED when Katee jumped into a lept into a split, and Joshua stuck out his arms to catch her. Beautiful. (The leap is at 1:25 in the video.)



I'm not going to rank the solos, but just say I loved Twitch's solo to Midnight Star's "Midas Touch." I probably didn't need to see Cat Deely trying on Twitch's gold teeth though. Ew. I'll post a picture later on.

Notes: Paula Abdul was in the audience tonight--she looked bright & cheerful. Maybe they'll get her to choreograph something soon. I called several times for Twitch & Joshua last night. I hope they make it to the Top 2 guys. Keeping my fingers crossed! Can't wait to see what happens tonight!

No comments: