7.01.2008

A new find

I found a new Internet radio station that I love. It's AllNumberOneRadio.com. As the title suggests, they play only number one hits from the Billboard charts. It's fun hearing songs you haven't heard in a while.

Over the past couple of hours I've heard:
  • Got To Give It Up - Marvin Gaye
  • Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown
  • Holding Back the Years - Simply Red
  • Music - Madonna
  • Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd
  • Low - Flo Rida
  • Call Me - Blondie
  • I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
  • Eternal Flame - The Bangles
  • Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson
Fun right? And quite a variety. Check it out.

p.s. I was telling Debbie (yay, she's home!) that last week I heard Milli Vanilli's Blame It on the Rain. She said they heard a Milli Vanilli song when she was on her tour in Italy. One of her young traveling buddies had never heard of them, or the scandal surrounding them......the girl was born in the mid-to-late 80's. Wow.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

Thanks for the info about this station. By the way, I discovered your blog via the comment you left on Michael T.'s blog.

I've been listening for the last hour or so and have enjoyed the mix. I'm not sure if they do or will, but I hope that they open it up to also include Billboard #1s from other charts (R&B and Adult Contemporary for example). Do you ever listen to any of the "Adult Variety" radio stations? The one I listen to the most is WDRQ (Doug FM) based in Detroit. I like them because of the variety of hits they play from the 70s through the 90s. They even occas. play something from the 50s or 60s.

Valerie said...

Haven't heard WDRQ, but will try to find it. Thanks for the tip!

I really like old-school R&B, so one of my favorite stations is KISS fm from San Francisco (http://www.981kissfm.com/main.html).