6.29.2008

What's the word for this?

After dinner with my folks this evening, my mom brought me in to the family room to watch The Today Show wedding that had taken place earlier in the week. It was quite a lovely wedding. At the reception, the bride's cousin, Melinda Doolittle from American Idol, sang the song for the couple's first dance. My mom pointed out that the couple had taken dance lessons & prepared their first dance.

I told my mom that I'd like to be at a wedding like that, where the couple had taken lessons and came out and surprised everyone with their moves. Then I asked if my mom had seen the YouTube video with the couple dancing to Baby Got Back. We laughed and talked about how funny that was:



Fast forward several hours. I'm home watching TLC, and see a commercial for a new show with choreographers Tabitha and (oh-so-cute) Napoleon called Rock the Reception, where they teach the wedding party a routine to do at the couple's reception!

Were we not JUST talking about this?!

I caught the last 10 minutes of the show, and the dances at two weddings--both were great and looked like so much fun. I think tonight was a sneak preview & the regular show will air on Tuesdays--not sure what time. What a fun idea! And how lucky we ladies are to see Napoleon on this show and SYTYCD from time to time!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

That had me dancing! John & I will have to come up with a routine.